12.04.2017

Day 1 of 12 Days of Christmas: Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand

Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand
Published: October 3, 2017
Publisher: Little Brown and Co.
Format: via Netgalley
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
Raise one last glass with the Quinn Family at the Winter Street Inn. It's been too long since the entire Quinn family has been able to celebrate the holidays under the same roof, but that's about to change. With Bart back safe and sound from Afghanistan, the Quinns are preparing for a holiday more joyous than any they've experienced in years. And Bart's safe return isn't the family's only good news: Kevin is enjoying married life with Isabelle; Patrick is getting back on his feet after paying his debt to society; Ava thinks she's finally found the love of her life, and Kelly is thrilled to see his family reunited at last. But it just wouldn't be a Quinn family gathering if things went smoothly. A celebration of everything we love--and some of the things we endure--about the holidays.

My Thoughts
This is the last installment in Elin Hilderbrand’s Winter series and I would be lying if it wasn’t bittersweet for me. I have highly enjoyed this series that centers around the Quinn family who over the years have had their ups and downs. In this book, we get a glimpse of all the Quinn family members but I love how we really get to know Bart’s story. Bart is trying to readjust to “normal” life after being held captive while in the service and is slowly trying to find his way back with his family. We also see Bart get a love interest, someone from one of Elin’s past novels. I love how she intertwines her characters from other books, I really do like the pairing of these two and hope that we get to see them again, maybe even in their own book? Fingers crossed!

I found this book perfectly tied up some storylines but like always there is always something that leaves them open to being picked up later. I found Kelly's storyline to be quite touching, his health isn’t at its best but he gets to see all of his family together one last time and that makes everything worthwhile for him.

This is the perfect ending to a series I found completely satisfying. The Quinn family was one who made me laugh, cry and I found myself fully invested in their lives as if they were real. That's the point right? You could always find someone to relate to and that was refreshing to know. Elin Hilderbrand always brings it in her novels and this series was no exception, so if you haven’t do yourself a favor and get to know the Quinn’s like I have trust me you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment