7.11.2017

Mini Review: I Need A Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool by Lisa Scottoline & Francesca Serritella

I Need A Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool by Lisa Scottoline & Francesca Serritella
Published: July 11, 2017
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
Format: via publisher
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
The bestselling and “perennially hilarious” mother-daughter team is back with a new collection of stories from their real lives, guaranteed to make you laugh out loud. Join Lisa and Francesca as they regret drunk-shopping online, try smell-dating, and explore the freedom of a hiatus from men - a Guyatus. They offer a fresh and funny take on the triumphs and facepalm moments of modern life, showing that when it comes to navigating the crazy world we live in, you’re always your own best lifeguard.

My Thoughts
This was my first time reading the duo’s humorist books and I will say I was pleasantly surprised. I thought this read was funny and definitely relatable. The mother and daughter writing team each gives us their take on life, love, relationships and just everyday occurrences. There were times I was thinking “hey I thought only I felt or thought that way.” I loved this read so much that I went and bought one of their previous reads and I enjoyed that one just as much. This is definitely a summer read worth reading, you will laugh and I guarantee you will find at least a couple of stories that you can relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment