5.02.2016

Monthly Wrap-Up: April

April has been an exhausting month to say the least. First, the rain has been relentless here in Texas it’s been storm after storm but luckily we have been blessed and have been spared thus far. I’ve been dealing with personal issues and I don’t know how much longer I can keep up the blog. I love doing this but I will be scaling back some in hopes things let up and I can keep doing what I love. I’m hoping the summer months will allow me more time to read because I have so many books coming up that I can’t wait to dive into. So here is what I’ve read and watched this month.
Books Read
21. Linny’s Sweet Dream List by Susan Schild
20. You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour & David Levithan
*19. A Lowcountry Wedding by Mary Alice Monroe
*18. One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid

*=Super Faves

Books Received via Publishers
Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda [audio]
Gridley Girls by Meredith First
Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline

Thanks to Hachette Audio, SparkPress, St. Martin’s Press

Arcs via NetGalley/Edelweiss
Results May Vary by Bethany Chase

Purchased
What She Knew by Gilly Mcmillan

Personal Goals Update
Once again I’m glad to say I kept my promise of only getting 1 arc from NetGalley/Edelweiss!

TBR Pile – yeah well this whole trying to knock off books of my TBR list is officially done. LOL. What can I say it’s a never ending vicious cycle.

Non-Bookish things
Netflix
 The Ranch – I LOVED this show. It stars Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson playing brothers who help their dad on the family ranch. I think it’s funny and I love these two together. The dad [Sam Elliott] had me cracking up and with it being only 30 minutes it’s an easy view, I binged watched the whole series in a day. I’m so glad it’s coming back for a second season.

 Before We Go – It stars Chris Evans who meets this woman when she misses her train. They spend the night trying to find her lost purse and in the process bond and tell each other their deepest secrets and maybe even fall for one another. I had mixed feeling about this one. I wanted to like it but as it went on it kind of dragged. Chris Evans directed it but I just couldn’t buy into it.


The Loft – Stars James Marsden about a group of guy friends who buy a loft so they can hide their cheating ways, but when a woman is found dead they must find out which one of them is the killer. I must admit I never heard any good things about this movie but it wasn’t that bad. Lol. I didn’t like the whole man-whore thing but the mystery part was surprisingly good.

Upcoming Reads
The Island House by Nancy Thayer
First Comes Love by Emily Giffin
The Wedding Sister by Jamie Brenner
Mystic Summer by Hannah McKinnon

Well that’s my month how was yours? Please feel free to link up yours I love to see all things bookish!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read One True Loves

    The Island House and Mystic Summer are both on my TBR for this month too! ♥

    My April recap

    ReplyDelete