11.05.2015

Mini Review: The Sister Pact by Stacie Ramey

The Sister Pact by Stacie Ramey
Published: November 3, 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Format: NetGalley
Rating: 3/5

Synopsis
A suicide pact was supposed to keep them together, but a broken promise tore them apart. Allie is devastated when her older sister commits suicide - and not just because she misses her. Allie feels betrayed. The two made a pact that they'd always be together, in life, and in death, but Leah broke her promise and Allie needs to know why. Her parents hover. Her friends try to support her. And Nick, sweet Nick, keeps calling and flirting. Their sympathy only intensifies her grief. But the more she clings to Leah, the more secrets surface. Allie's not sure which is more distressing: discovering the truth behind her sister's death or facing her new reality without her,

My Thoughts
Oh how I wanted to really like this book but sadly it just didn’t meet my expectations. We met the Allie and Leah two sisters who are going through a lot emotionally with their parents and one day decide they will make a suicide pact. Allie always thought her sister was just being dramatic and wasn’t really serious about going through with it until one day she finds out she was serious. Allie is devastated and is suffering in silence, her mother is too hooked on prescriptions meds to notice anything and her dad was checked out of the family. We see Allie trying to cope with everyday life and trying to function with her friends but while she clearly can't we see her slowly self destruct. While I felt sorry for her at the same time there were times I didn't know if I want to hug her or shake her in order to get her to see what she is doing to herself.

While reading this book I felt this big secret or some sort of build-up coming but it never did. I wanted more from this story line, I just felt that we could’ve gotten a greater story of Leah’s troubles than we were given. I felt for Allie having to go through this all alone but at times I felt like she was just a spoiled brat and didn’t care about anything or anyone especially herself. This just fell a little flat for me it had great potential but left me wanting more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment