11.16.2015

DNF: Young Widows Club by Alexandra Coutts

Young Widows Club by Alexandra Coutts
Published: November 10, 2015
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux [BYR]
Format: via NetGalley
Rating: DNF

Synopsis
First came love, then came marriage, and then...

For seventeen-year-old Tam, running off to marry her musician boyfriend is the ideal escape from her claustrophobic high-school life on the island, and the ultimate rebellion against her father and stepmother. But when Tam becomes a widow just weeks later, the shell-shocked teen is forced to find her way forward by going back to the life she thought she’d moved beyond—even as her struggle to deal with her grief is forcing her to reinvent herself and reach out to others in ways she never imagined.

My Thoughts

Oh I hate doing this but this is a DNF for me. I was intrigued by the synopsis but as I got into it I didn’t so much. The story of Tam who wed young then to have her husband die had potential but sadly I didn’t really like or connect with Tam. She had problems of her own after her mother died she left home and met her soon to be husband and connected with his family. I thought Tam was immature granted she is only 17 but given her life circumstances you think she would’ve grown up a lot but she wasn’t a likeable character to me. So I gave up less than half way not knowing or caring what happened next.

No comments:

Post a Comment