9.09.2015

Kaleidoscope Hearts/Torn Hearts/Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras

Kaleidoscope Hearts [Hearts #1] by Claire Contreras
Published: January 8, 2015
Format:Kindle buy
Rating: 4/5                                                                                           
Synopsis
He was my older brother's best friend.
He was never supposed to be mine.
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on.

One of us did.
One of us left.

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me.
He broke my heart last time.
This time he'll obliterate it.

My Thoughts
When it comes to NA books I’m kind of on the fence with them, some are great while others are just all about the sex while there is nothing wrong with that it’s not what I want my reads about. I’m glad that this one was an even balance.

This story is the first in the Hearts series but each story could be read as a standalone. This one focuses on Elle and Oliver. Elle is getting over the death of her fiancé and is staying with her brother Victor when an old crush and Victors friend Oliver comes back into her life. Oliver has always been the “one” when it came to her greatest love. While the flirted and always had something between them the timing was never right when it came to them being together. However now that she is beginning to move on Oliver has sets his sights on her and isn’t about to let this chance go.

I felt the chemistry between these two and it was undeniable but sometimes I felt like it was more sex then emotions with these two. I wanted to feel the love and emotional backstory more than I did. I enjoyed when they finally got together and rest was history. And while this story is about Elle and Oliver I also loved the other characters involved such as their friends many of who are featured throughout the series. I’ve become a big fan of Claire Contreras and I can’t wait to see what’s in store with the rest of the series.

Torn Hearts [Hearts #1.5] by Claire Contreras
Published: March 1, 2015
Format: free Kindle read
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
They were inseparable, their love was fierce, their loyalty unwavering... or so they thought...

Torn Hearts follows Mia and Jensen's story in the beginning. Like many of our own stories, theirs is not complete. Once I am finished posting this prequel, I will give you the title of Mia and Jensen's full length, standalone story, along with a release date for it.

My Thoughts
This is a short intro into the next book of the heart series. We’ve met Mia and Jensen briefly in the first book Kaleidoscope Hearts as the best friends of Elle and Oliver the couple in that book. We see that Mia and Jensen were in love but when Jensen moves to NYC they drift apart and things happen that changed their lives forever. We get a brief history of their lives then and now and what could possible happen in the future. It’s the perfect intro with just enough tease to make you want to see what happens between these two.

Paper Hearts [Hearts #2] by Claire Contreras
Published: September 9, 2015
Format: via publisher
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis
I lost her.
No, I didn't lose her. I threw her away.
She was my best friend.
I was never supposed to fall in love with her.
I was careless.
She was heartbroken.
I was doing fine until she came back into my life and reminded me what love was supposed to feel like.

When it's all said and done, she may not want to stay, but this time I'm going to do everything in my power to not let her go.

My Thoughts
Where do I start with this one? This is OFFICIALLY my favorite series! While I liked Kaleidoscope Hearts a lot I LOVED Paper Hearts!! The story of Mia and Jensen is one that stole my heart from the very beginning and never let it go. This is the kind of read that I love, one that has everything one could ever ask for. There is romance but not too much that’s its sappy, sorry I don’t like that kind of stuff and the chemistry between these two are off the charts!

Mia has recently moved to NYC for a job and knows the chances of meeting up with her ex Jensen is bound to happen. Sure enough they are both working at the same job and are forced to talk which is killing Mia. You see she is still upset since in her mind Jensen betrayed her, while they were on a break and both dating other people he met someone and married her and had a baby. Needless to say that devastated Mia to the core since she always thought she would be the one to give everything to him.
Jensen has had a rough life his dad was never around while his mom left him with this aunt and never came around. So when all this happened he couldn’t just leave and not be a father he knew what that did to him and never would do that to his kid, even if that meant losing the loving of life Mia

Now that fate have brought them back together will they fall back into place or is there too much to start all over again? This is one of those couples that you will root for. I love that they are both flawed and that makes it even more interesting to me. I like a love that’s real with mistakes and heartaches not just fairy tales like some reads paint. Jensen is a guy who from the outside looks like he would be moody and tough but he’s a softy who is a writer and loves with every bone in his body when it comes to his daughter and Mia

This is one book that I read in one sitting it’s that good, I for one couldn’t get enough of Mia and Jensen’s love story and their journey together. If you like your love stories perfectly flawed I highly recommend this one I can’t say enough good things when it comes to this read. This is one series everyone should read you won’t be disappointed I promise!

1 comment:

  1. These books sound amazing!! I love NA contemporary romance but I"m with you – more emotion and slow-burn romance is better than the book being focused on sex. I am definitely adding these to my TBR list :) Great reviews!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete