10.14.2014

Mini Review: Scratch by Rhonda Helms

Scratch by Rhonda Helms
Published: September 30, 2014
Publisher: Kensington
Format: paperback via publisher
Rating: 4/5

Synopsis
In her DJ booth at a Cleveland dance club, Casey feels a sense of connection that's the closest she ever gets to normal. On her college campus, she's reserved, practical-all too aware of the disaster that can result when you trust the wrong person. But inexplicably, Daniel refuses to pay attention to the walls she's put up. Like Casey, he's a senior. In every other way, he's her opposite.

Sexy, open, effortlessly charming, Daniel is willing to take chances and show his feelings. For some reason Casey can't fathom, he's intent on drawing her out of her bubble and back into a world that's messy and unpredictable. He doesn't know about the deep scars that pucker her stomach - or the deeper secret behind them. Since the violent night when everything changed, Casey has never let anyone get close enough to hurt her again. Now, she might be tempted to try.

My Thoughts
This is a wonderful quick but very sexy steamy read. I loved how this wasn’t overly sexy but just right. This is the story of Casey who basically keeps to herself. She goes to school and at night she DJs at the local club. One night she seems a handsome guy Daniel and sparks fly. Casey whom is recovering from a traumatic experience from her past likes him but is afraid to see what happens. Daniel on the other hand is a sweet and a nice guy who truly just wants to get to know Casey he knows there is something more than then she is letting on. Will Casey finally allow herself to open up and allow someone to break through her huge walls that she has built up? Or will she push away Daniel a guy who is willing to wait for her because he knows she is worth it?

I loved these two characters you know they are meant to be together yet there is something much bigger than them that keeps them apart. While I loved them at times it bugged me that they kept pushing each other away. There was always a constant push and pull with these two. However by the end I see why all of this happened.


The cover is what really pulled me in. As a huge music fan I love when it comes across into my book world. Anytime I can get my two loves together it’s terrific. So I was thrilled when I saw that music played a part in this novel. This is a book that’s a great pick if you want a quick read with a great romance. I loved Casey while she may seem quiet and timid I saw her as strong. I love characters that give us hope and never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment