9.02.2014

August Wrap-Up

I guess I had such a book hangover that I didn’t read as many books this month. Maybe it was the Texas heat but I just felt so rundown and blah. However September is calling my name! It’s the official start of FOOTBALL people!!! I love it! Plus it also means that fall/winter is coming which are my favorite times of the year. I’m so over this heat, I swear I live in the wrong part of the country. Any who! Now it’s about that time to share what I’ve read, bought, and received from publishers so here we go…

Read this month…
*Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
A Pinch of Ooh La La by Renee Swindle
*The Good Sister by Jamie Kain
*Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot
The Christmas Light by Donna VanLiere

*- my super faves = BUY IT!
Yep that’s right I’ve started my Xmas reads already!


Received from publishers [physical books]…
Althea and Oliver by Cristina Moracho
One of Us by Tawni O'Dell
We Are Not Ourselves by Matthew Thomas
Independently Wealthy by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
The Christmas Light by Donna VanLiere
Because of You by Maria E. Monteiro
Hello from the Gillespies by Monica McInerney
When We Fall by Emily Liebert

Received via NetGalley/Edelweiss…

Accidents of Marriage by Randy Susan Meyers
He’s So Fine by Jill Shalvis
The Last Breath by Kimberly Belle
*My True Love Gave to Me by various authors
*One in a Million by Jill Shalvis
*Girl before a Mirror by Liza Palmer
Little Peach by Peggy Kern
My Heart and other Black Holes by Jasmie Warga
The Distance between Lost & Found by Kathryn Holmes
Everything that Makes You by Moriah McStay
All Broke Down by Cora Carmack
My Father’s Wives by Mike Greenberg
*Super excited for!!

 Won
The Vacationers by Emma Straub via Tara @ RunningnReading

Top 5 Reads for September
The Firelight Girls by Kaya McLaren
When We Fall by Emily Liebert
The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain
My True Love Gave to Me by various authors
Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand

2 comments:

  1. I recently read We Are Not Ourselves...great book, very emotionally powerful/draining! Difficult topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to move it up soon in my TBR pile.

      Delete